December 2019

Paedophile admits string of child sex offences

A paedophile has pleaded guilty to a string of child sex offences involving children as young as nine.

Chad Culley appeared at Oxford Crown Court yesterday facing six counts relating to sex offences and making indecent images.

The 21-year-old of Blenheim Drive, Witney, pleaded guilty to two counts of causing a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity.

Culley further pleaded guilty to sexual communication with a child and two counts of making indecent photographs of a child.

He denied one other count of causing a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity with a child, which was accepted by the Crown Prosecution Service.

At the hearing it was revealed that Culley carried out all of the offences during 2017 in Witney.

The abuse took the form of causing a child to perform a sex act as well as causing another to remove his clothing.

The victims – none of whom can be named for legal reasons – were aged as young as 9.

The charges of making indecent images involved one movie in category A – the highest category in terms of severity, as well as one image in category C – the lowest.

After the pleas had been entered his defence barrister Peter Du Feu said that his client was a ‘young man of previous good character’.

He asked for a pre-sentence report to be prepared by the National Probation Service to explore all sentencing options.

Mr Du Feu said his client was ‘aware that these are very serious offences’

Presiding Judge Nigel Daly agreed to adjourn sentencing the case so that a report can be prepared.

The case will be heard again at the same court for sentencing on January 3.

Culley was released on bail.