January 2020

X FACTOR star & sexual predator Danny Tetley today jailed for NINE YEARS

X FACTOR star Danny Tetley was today jailed for NINE YEARS after begging children to send him indecent pictures in exchange for thousands of pounds.

The creep, 40, “abused his celebrity status” to groom his victims and force them to send him explicit images in 10,000 sickening WhatsApp exchanges.

The entertainer sent X-rated photos of himself to show the type of poses he wanted from them.

Tetley never met any of the teens – aged 14 to 16 – but engaged in “highly sexualised chat” with them as he attempted to convince them to send naked pictures for up to £1,000-a-time.

He told one boy “the more on show, the better the price” as he hounded him for pictures for his “own remote sexual gratification”.

When he was arrested, he tried worming his way out by claiming his Facebook was hacked and told cops he couldn’t cope with his X Factor fame.

Tetley showed no emotion as he was caged for nine years today – with a further eight years on licence when he is released

He had last month pleaded guilty to paying five teenage boys to send him indecent images.

Sentencing him, the judge said: “What you demanded and showed were blatant and the disgusting level to which you sank, Mr Tetley, was quite unbelievable.

He added: “Many will see you for what you are, a despicable creature.

“The reality is our society is deeply interested in celebrity, it does no harm. Pure entertainment of highest order including X Factor, upon which you featured in some capacity.

“You exploited the status it gave you. You abused that status to satisfy your perverted sexual needs, by your actions.”

Bradford Crown Court was told Tetley used his status to satisfy his “perverted sexual needs”.

Tetley groomed one 14-year-old victim by talking about girls, his Range Rover and his celeb collections.

He also preyed on the teen, who admitted having money problems, and sent him a naked photo of a 15-year-old girl – with a £500 offer for a threesome.

The fiend then sent a naked photo of himself and asked for an illicit image in exchange for tens of thousands of pounds.

One sick message read: “Send same pic but drop the boxers.”

He text another victim, saying: “Start with easy ones and see how you feel. Lol”.

The singer offered one teen seats in the VIP area at the rugby and told him: “Whoever f***s you first is in for a right treat.”

He paid one boy a “record fee” of £350 for a photograph and offered to pay up to £1,000 to another youngster for an explicit video.

Michael Smith, prosecuting, told the court how one of the victims feels guilty over the abuse – with his home life and family destroyed.

Another victim said: “Adults don’t understand how life-changing such events can be”.

During mitigation, the court was told Tetley, who was born with a cleft pallet, had been severely bullied at school.

He became addicted to cocaine after the murder of a close relative in his early twenties – and blamed his gruesome crimes on being on drugs.

The performer had made the live shows in 2018’s X Factor series and came in sixth place.

December 2019

X FACTOR star has admitted to sexually exploiting teenage boys as young as 14

An X Factor semi-finalist has admitted the sexual exploitation of seven teenage boys after he exchanged more than 10,000 messages with the youngsters.

Danny Tetley pleaded guilty to getting his victims, many as young as 14, to send him explicit images of themselves – some at the most serious Category A – for money.

The 39-year-old, who came sixth in last year’s X Factor, exchanged more than 10,000 WhatsApp messages with the seven boys between October, last year, and August, this year.

Series 15 of the X Factor ran from September 1 2018 to December 2 2018, with some of the offences having been committed in the October.

It is not yet know whether the youngsters had been fans of Tetley and had been speaking to him because of the show, or whether they had previously been in contact with him.

Many of his victims’ families sat in the public gallery at Bradford Crown Court to hear him admit his offences.

He appeared in custody dressed in a black spotty t-shirt and glasses.

At an earlier hearing, which could not be reported because there may have been a jury trial, the Benidorm entertainer, pleaded guilty to the sexual exploitation of two 14-year-old boys.

This morning he admitted five further charges of the sexual exploitation of five more youngsters by inducing them to provide him with indecent images of themselves for payment.

The court heard two of the victims supplied images of Category A.

According to the Crown Prosecution Service, a Category A image would show ‘images involving penetrative sexual activity, sexual activity with an animal or sadism’.

Category B images depict images involving non-penetrative sexual activity, while Category C images would be classed as indecent images which don’t fall in Category A or B.

Tetley, of Bradford, West Yorks, pleaded not guilty to making indecent images of children and perverting the course of justice – he will not stand trial for those offences.

Recorder of Bradford Judge Jonathan Durham Hall QC will sentence Tetley on 24 January.

The singer showed no emotion as he was remanded back into custody.