A pervert who secretly filmed women and young girls in a Dunfermline supermarket was also found to have indecent images of children when police searched his home.
Neil Ross, 46, now of Ogilvie Place, Tayport, has been placed on the sex offenders’ register and was ordered to do unpaid work when he appeared for sentencing at Dunfermline Sheriff Court on Wednesday.
He had previously admitted that on various occasions between May 19, 2017, and July 4, 2018, both dates inclusive, at Tesco Duloch and elsewhere, he conducted himself in a disorderly manner when he used his mobile phone to video record females and female children, focusing on their lower body without their knowledge or consent and committed a breach of the peace.
Between April 10, 2018, and August 1, 2018, both dates inclusive at his then home in Humbie Terrace, Aberdour, and elsewhere, he took or permitted to be taken or made indecent photographs or pseudo photographs of children.
A previous court hearing was told that police, acting on intelligence received, executed a search warrant at Ross’ home. There were other family members there when the raid took place and Ross told officers: “I’ll save you a lot of time. It’s me you’re looking for.”
Analysis of Ross’ mobile phone found indecent images of girls aged from five to eight. Also found were videos which had been filmed secretly of girls and women in Tesco.
Solicitor Fraser Napier said his client fully accepted guilt and was genuinely remorseful.
“The accused possessed eight category C images, three category C videos and one category B video,” he said. “There were 29 videos in relation to that charge which depicted members of the public going about their day-to-day business.
“The number of images are low and held solely for personal use. The accused has co-operated with the police.
“The accused has lost his family. He has not had any contact with his six children. He has lost his job as a result of this case and ultimately his is being placed on the sex offenders’ register which in itself serves as a punishment.”
Sheriff Charles Macnair said they were serious offences.
He told him: “Taking images in the way you did in the shops is extremely distressing for those if they find out their photos are being taken but in any event, whether or not you are successful in keeping your conduct secret or not, it is a very serious matter and is a gross invasion of the privacy of people who you are photographing, in particular where those people are children.”
He placed Ross on a community payback order with supervision for three years. He also ordered him to do 200 hours of unpaid work within six months and placed on the sexual offenders’ register.
Sheriff Macnair also agreed to a Crown motion requesting the forfeiture of Ross’ phone.
Sex offender filmed young girls secretly at Tesco in Duloch
A pervert has been put on the sex offenders’ register after secretly filming young girls at a Tesco supermarket over a period of more than a year.
Neil Ross also downloaded indecent images of girls as young as five.
Ross, 46, formerly of Humbie Terrace, Aberdour, now of Ogilvie Place, Tayport, appeared in the dock at Dunfermline Sheriff Court.
He admitted that on various occasions between May 19, 2017, and July 4, 2018, at Tesco, Calais Farm Road, Duloch, Dunfermline, he used his mobile phone to video-record females and female children, focusing on their lower bodies, without their knowledge or consent and committed a breach of the peace.
He also admitted that between April 10 and August 1, 2018, at his home in Aberdour, he downloaded indecent images of children.
Depute fiscal Kavin Ryan-Hume told the court that, acting on intelligence received, police executed a search warrant at Ross’ home.
There were other family members there when the raid took place and Ross told officers: “I’ll save you a lot of time. It’s me you’re looking for.”
Interrogation of Ross’ mobile phone found indecent images of girls aged from five to eight.
Also found were videos which had been filmed secretly of girls and women in Tesco.
“These focused on their bottoms and legs and were taken without their knowledge,” added the depute.
Defence solicitor Peter Robertson said: “There is no explanation to put forward at this time.”
Sheriff Charles MacNair called for reports and put Ross on the sex offenders’ register. He will return to court for sentencing on September 18.