June 2019

Boy tortured for six hours over spilled drink – three teens jailed

Three teenagers who held a boy captive for six hours – and tortured him for simply knocking over a drink – have been jailed after a West Midlands Police investigation uncovered the brutality of their attack.

For six hours the 15-year-old victim was slashed with a knife, had lit cigarettes stubbed out on his face, was attacked with a curtain pole and had his genitals burned with a lighter.

He suffered serious injuries, including cuts and a badly broken nose, during the sustained assault in the early hours of 29 September last year.

Kyle Ashton led the attack at his flat in New Moseley Road, Highgate, after flying into a rage that his teenage visitor had spilled a drink on the floor.

The boy offered to wipe up the mess but cruel Ashton demanded he lick it up off the floor – and when he refused poured a Pot Noodle over his head.

Birmingham Crown Court heard how the level of violence escalated as 19-year-old Ashton ignored the victim’s pleas for the punishment to end.

Christopher Pyatt-Pierce – who arrived at the flat just before midnight with the victim – joined the onslaught and punched the teen several times.

His twin sister Lucy Pyatt-Pierce was present throughout the near four-hour ordeal and was said to have instigated the assault, goading her co-defendants to lash out, and filmed it on her mobile phone.

The boy – who was also stripped of his clothes – was eventually freed after 5am and found by a member of the public wandering the streets in just a T-shirt.

Fearful of further violent repercussions the schoolboy initially told officers he’d been robbed by strangers – but he eventually disclosed what happened and managed to point out Ashton’s flat during a drive around Highgate. 

All three offenders were arrested from their home addresses on 1 October and charged with wounding and false imprisonment.

And on Friday (14 June) Ashton, from Willowbank Road in Hinckley, was jailed for eight years after being found guilty of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and false imprisonment.

Lucy Pyatt-Pierce, from Fordhouse Lane, Stirchley, was jailed for four years having also been found guilty on the same counts. Christopher Pyatt-Pierce, from Glendower Road, Perry Barr, was given a two year sentence having been found guilty on the lesser charge of wounding plus false imprisonment.