Convicted pervert bombarded teenage girls with more than 50 messages
A Sixty-seven year old man who bombarded teenage girls with more than 50 messages in three weeks has been given one last chance to avoid jail.
Police identified two 15-year-old girls who were inundated with text messages and phone calls urging them to meet the man.
A court heard he was already the subject of a sexual harm prevention order which prevents him having any contact with someone aged under 16.
Anthony Graham Woodcock, of Trevarthian Road, St Austell, appeared at Truro Crown Court for sentence having admitted breaching the court order.
Ramsay Quaife, prosecuting, said the order, with the usual conditions, prohibited Woodcock from contacting anyone aged under 16 by any means.
However, he said police checked Woodcock’s phone and found evidence that he had contacted at least two 15-year-old girls in December of 2017. Mr Quaife said he made phone calls urging the girls to meet him.
“One young girl received what can only be described as a barrage of messages from this defendant – 50 in two to three weeks,” he said.
He said messages included: “Hope you are ok. See you get in touch”, “Sweetheart, do you want me to ring you? xxx” and “Liking your picture on Instagram young lady”.
The court heard Woodcock had been jailed for gross public indecency with a 10-year-old boy in 1992. In 2016, he had been in court twice for breaching a sexual harm prevention order, for which he had been jailed for 21 months. He had been released from prison in August of 2017 and was still on licence when he committed this latest offence.
The Probation Service told the court that it considered Woodcock a high risk offender who had targeted the young girls for his own sexual gratification.
However, Woodcock denied this and said he wanted to befriend and help the girls.
Judge Robert Linford warned Woodcock he would go straight to jail if he failed to complete the programme.
Woodcock was handed a court order to undertake the programme and a two-year prison sentence suspended for two years.
He remains subject to the sexual harm prevention order.
‘Sexual harm’ order bans pervert from being within 25 metres of schools, swimming pools and play park
A man from Helston has been banned from communicating with anyone under the age of 16 or going within 25 metres of a school, swimming pool or play park after the courts imposed an emergency order against him.
Devon and Cornwall Police has applied for a sexual harm prevention order against Anthony Graham Woodcock and asked magistrates in Truro to impose an interim order until a decision on this is taken.
This request was granted last Wednesday, preventing 65-year-old Woodcock from having any contact or communication of any kind with a child under 16, other than inadvertently and not reasonably avoidable, or with the consent of the children’s parent or guardian who has knowledge of his previous convictions and the order following permission from the police.
The interim order also bans him from living or sleeping in any house, tent, caravan or private boat where there is a child under 16 unless permission from police is given,
He is prevented from entering a school or child nursery that educates anyone under 16, or from remaining or loitering within 25 metres of such an establishment used for pre-school, primary or secondary education.
The order also stops Woodcock from entering any child’s play area, park, amusement arcade or public swimming pool, or from remaining or loitering within 25 metres of such a place.