November 2018

Paedophile fails to register device after being caught with thousands of indecent images

Aaron Hutter in 2015, leaving Southampton Crown Court

A convicted paedophile was caught failing to register his devices to be monitored by police, a court heard.

Aaron Hutter was initially caught using internet chat rooms to contact young children by specialists using a fake profile.

Their investigations in 2015 uncovered evidence that he had also built up a collection of more than 1,000 indecent images of children as young as five – and some clips involving animals.

But three years on and despite being ordered to comply with a sexual harm prevention order, the 24-year-old admitted twice not registering his console and deleting his internet history on his iPhone.

Southampton Magistrates’ Court heard that in May, Hutter failed to make the mobile phone available upon request to police and that he restored the factory settings on the phone.

He also didn’t register the name he was using on his Xbox.

Previously, Hutter was handed an eight month suspended prison sentence for numerous charges of possessing indecent images.

At the time, Southampton Crown Court was told officials from the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) used a fake profile of a ten-year-old to snare him.

He was traced talking to a ten-year-old girl on social media and email.

Police raided his home and seized computer equipment containing 1,103 images – including 158 of the worst category, it was heard.

When sentencing Hutter, Judge Peter Henry said the images were “disturbing” and added: “No-one said you were directly involved in the abuse of these children but people are involved and they are in it to make money and in it to share these revolting images with people like you.

“The real victims are these young children.”

Hutter, of Spring Road, Southampton, pleaded guilty to the charges and was made the subject of a community order, which includes the requirement to complete 100 hours unpaid work within the next year.

He was also ordered to pay £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge.