‘Pillar of the Jewish community’ jailed for instructing child abuse over Skype
A former Stanmore businessman and big name in the Jewish community has been jailed for nearly six years for instructing sexual abuse involving young children online.
Simeon Osen, 53, of Forest Lane in Chigwell, Essex used to lived in Stanmore, he pleaded guilty to 13 offences of arranging and facilitating the commission of child sex offences during 2012.
Harrow Crown Court heard today (November 6) that Osen who is Jewish and been described as, a ‘pillar of his community’, used online video tool, Skype to instruct girls as young as 10 years-old in the Philippines to penetrate themselves, masturbate and expose their private parts.
He was sentenced to just under five years and 11 months in jail after pleading guilty to all 13 counts which included having indecent images.
Sentencing Osen was Judge Martyn Barklem, he said: “These children were for the most part pre pubescent, ranging from ages 10 years-old to 15 years-old. These children were not objects to be used for your sexual gratification, they are real children and real people.
“I accept that most of your life you have been a pillar of your community and it comes as no surprise that your extended family have turned their back on you despite your remorse. It is a complete revulsion.”
The court heard how Osen would transfer money via Paypal for young girls in the Philippines to touch themselves via Skype.
Prosecutor, Rhiannon Sadler said: “He paid for sex shows involving children as young as 10 years-old, he would arrange the girls and direct them via Skype. Officers went through over 41,000 Skype messages which they discovered on Mr Osen’s computers. He would negotiate ages, prices and what kind of acts he would like to see.”
The court also heard how on one occasion Osen was watching a 13 year-old girl over Skype penetrate herself, but he could not ejaculate because he was in his workplace and the cleaner was around.
The prosecution believe that over £5,000 was transferred from Osen’s accounts to pay for these online sex videos, however the defence disagree with that sum.
Osen has also been ordered to sign the Sex Offenders Register for life and has been given a Sexual Offences Prevention Order.
The Met’s Child Abuse, Exploitation and Sexual Abuse Command, began investigating Osen in 2013, following an allegation that he abused a 13-year old girl.
During the course of the investigation Osen’s personal computers were examined and a quantity of images and movies of an indecent nature were found, including some categorised as extreme pornography.
A further computer seized from his work premises in Harlow revealed over 41,000 messages via online video chat with people in Manila, Philippines, during which Osen is directing the abuse of children.
Detective Constable Rachel Snow from the Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse, Command said: “On the surface Simeon Osen was a successful business man with a family, but in reality he was a paedophile who was abusing children.
“I hope his arrest, prosecution and imprisonment today serves as a warning to other sex offenders in the UK, who think they can get away with abusing children anywhere in the world. This investigation is a very good example of the lengths the police and other law enforcement agencies will go to in order to find and secure the evidence to convict you.
“I also hope this case gives victims of sexual abuse, who may not have previously reported their ordeal to the police, the confidence to come forward.”
Suspended sentence paedophile from Chigwell admits child sexual exploitation
A paedophile who received a suspended sentence after pleading guilty to sexual activity with a girl and possessing child abuse images has now admitted 13 counts of arranging the trafficking of children for sex.
Simeon Osen, from Chigwell, was sentenced to an eight month suspended sentence on October 7 last year after pleading guilty to four counts of sexual activity with a girl aged between 13 and 17, three counts of making indecent images of a child and two counts of possessing extreme pornography between September 2010 and February 2013.
The 53-year-old has now admitted 13 of 20 charges against him for procuring children for sex abroad during the same period.
Osen appeared at Harrow Crown Court on October 10 and entered his guilty plea.
He is due to appear at the same court on November 6 for sentencing.
Osen’s suspended sentence was referred to the Attorney General following a complaint it was too lenient.
But the sentence was upheld.
A spokesman for the Attorney General said at the time: “The Solicitor General considered that the judge applied the relevant sentencing guidelines and took account of all relevant factors.
“He does not consider that the Court of Appeal would interfere with the sentence and has decided not to refer it.”
Anger as child abuser avoids prison
The family and friends of a girl who was sexually abused have spoken of their disbelief and disgust that the paedophile who abused her has walked FREE from court.
Simeon Osen, 52, from Chigwell in Essex, pleaded guilty to four counts of sexual activity with the girl, as well as three counts of making indecent photographs of a child and two counts of possession of extreme pornography.
He was sentenced to an eight-month suspended sentence at Harrow Crown Court, north London, this week. The girl and her family, cannot be identified for legal reasons.
Osen, a former company director, received credit in sentencing for admitting to the abuse when confronted about it and pleading guilty.
The sentence requires him to wear a tag and abide by a curfew. He is also on the sex offenders register. The victim’s aunt attacked the decision not to send Osen to prison.
“What kind of example does that set and what does that say to my niece who’s been to hell and back?” She said her niece, who still has flashbacks, is “distraught”.
Osen was formerly the chief executive of concrete company Ronacrete, which is still run by his family, and he is a key supporter of Chabad Lubavitch in Buckhurst Hill, Essex.
The victim’s aunt said: “This is a man who goes to synagogue every week, his parents donated most of the money for Chigwell and Hainault Shul.”
A friend of his family, who did not wish to be named, said: “It’s disgusting — he should have been given a custodial sentence. He’s been deceiving people, he’s evil.”
The day after the sentencing, another convicted paedophile, Neil Wilson, who had pleaded guilty to similar charges to Osen, had his sentence changed by the Attorney General from a suspended sentence to a two-year jail sentence.
The victim’s aunt said: “The change in Neil Wilson’s sentence has given us hope. We’re going to look into the process that was used in his case to see if anything can be done.”