≈ Comments Off on Paul Emsley – Padiham/Accrington
Serial sex fiend from East Lancs in child abuse images raid
A serial sex fiend – involved in child sex related offences for 20 years – has been jailed once more.
Detectives had been keeping convicted paedophile Paul Emsley under observation, as a registered sex offender, when an officer visited him at a bail hostel in Accrington on September 3.
Preston Crown Court heard the 52-year-old was noticeably agitated and asked the detective if they could talk in a kitchen, rather than his room
David Clark, prosecuting, said the officer persisted and asked whether he had any mobile phones in his possession, which he denied.
His online behaviour, for offences involving the possession of indecent images of children, was being monitored as part of a sexual harm prevention order imposed at Carlisle Crown Court in February 2019, the court heard.
Mr Clark said when he moved out of a chair, the detective spotted a mobile phone, which was seized. Emsley also said he had a second mobile.
He also told the officers that three indecent images of children were likely to be found on the devices.
Interviewed later, following his arrest, Emsley said he had bought the two mobiles at a flea market. He also confessed he had obtained the three naked images of the children via a WhatsApp connection.
The court heard Emsley’s criminal record stretched back to 1999, when he was jailed for three years after being convicted of indecent assault and buggery.
For either failing to notify the authorities of his address or possessing or making indecent images, he has now served no fewer than six prison sentences since then.
Emsley, formerly from Padiham, but more recently of Lydia Street, Accrington, had only been released from a 32-month jail term, from Carlisle. for a matter of weeks before his latest arrest.
Mr Clark said his mobile phones were still being examined to see whether they contained any indecent images. He may face further charges if this is the case.
Robert Elias, defending, said the defendant had been before the courts on a number of occasions but had always “chosen to go his own way”.
“This defendant has views about his sexual proclivities which are not going to be changed by any sentence,” he added.
Jailing Emsley for 32 months, Judge Phillip Parry warned him the jail terms for his offending were only like to increase in length unless he changed his ways.
Pervert who was once filmed having sex with 12-year-old boy caught with child-abuse themed board game
A DEPRAVED sex offender was caught by police with a home made child abuse themed board game under his bed, a court heard.
Paul Emsley, 47, who was once filmed having sex with a 12-year-old boy, was jailed for 18 months yesterday for breaching a lifetime sexual offences prevention order (SOPO).
Burnley Crown Court heard police visited Emsley’s home on May 10 this year on an unrelated matter, and discovered he had a stash of child porn images, as well as the board game, in which participants pretended to be children and perfomed sex acts on each other.
Officers also found drug paraphernalia in every room and a camera and video-enabled mobile phone, which Emsley was barred from possessing under the terms of his SOPO.
The court heard that the phone was water-damaged, but would have been capable of producing images or videos at some point.
Emsley, formerly of Ingham Street, Padiham, had earlier admitted to breaching his sexual offences prevention order and two charges of making indecent images.
The court heard that the stash of child pornography included 24 images on a CD and seven images on a VHS tape.
The banned images were interspersed with legal homosexual pornography.
Six or seven of the illegal images were classed as category A – the most serious kind – and depicted penetrative sex involving children.
Emsley was first jailed in 1999 for 45 months after he was filmed having sex with a 12-year-old boy.
He then threatened to kill the boy if he told anybody what had happened.
He was jailed again for two-and-a-half years in 2012 for breaching the SOPO, after he was caught downloading hundreds of child porn images at his then-home in Randall Street.
And in 2013 he was fined by magistrates for possession of a video or camera-enabled mobile phone.
Judge Jonathan Gibson sentenced Emsley to eighteen months in prison for one count of making indecent images, and two months for the second count, to run consecutively.
He also revoked the earlier SOPO, and issued Emsley with a fresh order, which prevents him from having any unsupervised contact with a boy under 16-years-old, living in a house with a boy aged under 16-years-old, and possessing a computer or device capable of searching the internet, unless the device is surrended to the police or probation service for inspection, and on the condition that he does not clear the search history on the device.
Judge Gibson said Emsley had ‘expressed some insight and some ambition to a future that does not involve the activity that has brought [him] time and time again before the courts.”
Re-offending paedophile warned he faces an ‘extremely substantial’ jail sentence
A CONVICTED sex offender has been told he is facing an ‘extremely substantial’ jail sentence after being caught with child abuse images again.
Paul Emsley, who was once filmed having sex with a 12-year-old boy, is currently under a lifetime sexual offences prevention order (SOPO), Burnley Crown Court heard.
And after a police raid, it was discovered he had another stash of child abuse images, the court heard, six years after the order was first imposed.
Emsley, formerly of Ingham Street, Padiham, has now admitted breaching his sexual offences prevention order and two charges of making indecent images. He denied possession of a video-enabled mobile phone while prohibited.
Defence counsel Jon Close said Emsley would argue that the phone was out of commission, at the time of the alleged offence, and he would have had no way of knowing what content was on the device.
Prosecutor Joseph Allman said that there would be an application for that charge to lie on the file when the defendant is sentenced on September 19.
Remanding Emsley in custody following his pleas, Judge Beverley Lunt said: “You are looking at an extremely substantial sentence of imprisonment.”
Emsley was first jailed in 1999 for 45 months after he was filmed having sex with a 12-year-old boy – then threatening to kill him if he told anybody what had happened.
He was jailed for two-and-a-half years in 2012 for breaching the SOPO, after he was caught downloading hundreds of child abuse images at his then home in Randall Street.
And in 2013 he was fined by magistrates for possession of a video or camera-enabled phone.
The court heard that Emsley is said to be obsessed with young boys.
Phone breach fine for Padiham paedophile
A CONVICTED paedophile from East Lancashire has been fined after being caught with a mobile phone capable of taking video or stills footage.
Paul Emsley, 45, of Ingham Street, Padiham, is banned from owning such technology under the terms of a life-long sexual offences prevention order (SOPO).
He admitted a charge of owning a prohibited item, after he was spoken to by police on October 10.
Burnley magistrates fined him £130 with £100 court costs and a £20 victim surcharge.
Emsley, who has previously admitted to an obsession with pre-pubescent boys, and was said to have been abused himself in his younger years, has convictions for sexual assault and possessing indecent images.
The SOPO was imposed in 2008 and Emsley has already served a two-and-a-half year jail sentence for breaching the order.
He was caught with indecent images of young boys, on two mobile phones, when police raided his former home in Randall Street.
Burnley paedophile jailed after photos found on phone
A PAEDOPHILE has been sent back to jail for two-and-a-half years for downloading hundreds of child porn images.
Paul Emsley – said to be obsessed with young boys – flouted a lifetime Sexual Offences Prevention Order imposed in November 2008 for indecent pictures offences. It was just four months after it was imposed.
He served a 45-month jail term for previous convictions for indecent images of children from 1999 and also for sexual assaults.
Burnley Crown Court heard he was banned from owning or possessing any mobile phone which had still or video facilities but police found more obscene shots on two mobile phones when they raided his home in Randall Street, Burnley, last June.
Emsley, 42, said to have been a victim of sex abuse when he was a child, claimed he wanted the images to satisfy his sexual urges and that by having them he had been able to resist any temptation to seek out direct contact with boys.
The defendant, who is also on the Sex Offenders’ Register for life, had earlier admitted two counts of breaching the SOPO, 25 allegations of making an indecent photo of a child and three counts of possessing an indecent photo of a child.
The hearing was told 15 of the making an indecent photo counts and one possession charge involved 317 images and went back to October 2008 in Ellesmere Port, a month before the SOPO was imposed at Chester Crown Court.
The other charges, concerning almost 50 pictures, related to offences committed in Burnley between March and June last year. The photos were from level one to level five and came from more than one source, police said.
Judge Beverley Lunt, sentencing, said the seriousness of the offences was the breach of the SOPO.
She said: “That order was made in order to protect the public from serious harm being caused by you.”
Judge Lunt added that although a probation officer had assessed the defendant as a dangerous offender, she was not ruling he was.
David Macro, prosecuting, told the hearing the SOPO was imposed on November 24 2008 after the defendant was convicted of 13 charges of making an indecent photo of a child and one of taking an indecent photo.
On June 18 last year, police went to Emsley’s home and found the two camera enabled phones with indecent pictures of young males on them.
Mark Rhind, defending, said Emsley was attracted to pre-pubescent boys and he had been a victim of sexual abuse for many of his formative years.
The barrister added: “There is no doubt in many cases what happens to the boy shapes the man and that seems to be the case with the defendant.”